The finish work is next in the process to complete the custom belt buckle
Here is a basic idea of my process
- I filed the soldered joins to make sure the excess solder was removed.
- Next the parts needed to be gone over with a few grits of wet/dry sand paper.
Papered and Ready For Polishing
- I then polished the pieces with Tripoli followed by Rouge
- Final assembly was done once I was satisfied with the finish
Polished and Assembled
- The “Finished Belt Blank” arrived needing holes and trimming
- Once the leather work was done the buckle was put on the belt
Completed Buckle On Belt
I was quite pleased with the finished product and so was the customer!